Sunday, March 3, 2013

Rush. Hurry.

As I was cleaning the house the other night I found myself being increasingly frustated with the state of things and I kept praying to just have a grateful heart and find that place of contentment. Rick came home and I said, "I can't believe we live like this." He says, "We have kids." Yes, but it's not their stuff. Stuff is everywhere. My stuff. His stuff. It's not organized. and Why? Because I HAVE NO TIME. Rush Rush Rush. I think about when they leave the nest and how much time I'll have when that happens... and does all this even matter right now? It doesn't. I'm just tired of always being in a hurry. I think I just wanted to whine a little. Done.
 We went to visit my Uncle last weekend who is terminal. His health has declined this week. My cousin, who is also terminal went back to the dr and his cancer is active again but they will not do another scan for 6 weeks. I checked on him yesterday and he's in a great deal of pain.
 Abby has what I think is a vericose vein in her leg. I read that this is NOT common in children and no one in my family has them that I know of and I'm not sure about Rick's side... so we are headed to the dr. this week. I'm praying that she will be fine.
 We took the plunge and went Gluten Free. This, after weeks of meal planning for all meals plus snacks. It was no easy feat. I had to tweak the kids' lunch menus because I received a lot of "that was disgusting" comments. After reading the Wheat Belly book, wanting to see if this lifestyle change helps Aidan's bowel issues, and Rick's joint inflammation, I thought we would try it. Ultimately we may end up as a 'partial' gluten free family down the road.
 Aidan has this whistle he's been wearing around his neck this weekend. He will blow it and say, "eyes on me" (maybe copying his PE teacher?) Wouldn't it be fabulous if Jesus did that to us... blew a whistle and said "EYES ON ME."    

No comments: