Monday, January 16, 2012

R&R

Last Friday Rick and I took the day off to have "date day." Doesn't happen very often- like 2 or 3 times a year. We went to breakfast, got lattes, we had a Groupon that was expiring for the movies so we saw the Descendants, and for our anniversary we both got each other a gift cert for a massage so we used those.... picked up the kids, made a big chef salad for dinner and called it a day. Saturday after Abby's ballet class we headed to the beach for some R&R. Seriously- my goal was to sleep and read. No joke... and boy did I accomplish. I finished a book, read another book, and all 3 of my magazines.We checked in and I promptly took a nap. Rick woke me up cause the the kids were bored so we went down to the beach and FROZE and then took them swimming at the pool and ate dinner. Got some reading in and slept some more. Sunday we ventured out for a bit of driving here and there- it was SO COLD. We went to the Marine Science Center and then in the afternoon we did puzzles and games with the kids, watched football and read some more. As I was sitting on the bed reading I kept thinking this is insane to be paying for this room when I can be doing this at home but I can't really. At home I am surrounded by things that need doing. So it was nice to be CAPTIVE. No laundry, ironing, lists, projects, cooking, cleaning. We took Abby to Abby's Pizza (well both kids not just her), came back and I slept for 10 hours. Woke up to snow and got on the road early. As soon as we got inside the house it was all business- I unloaded the dishwasher, Rick started the laundry, we unpacked, ran to the store, I boiled eggs for the week, cut cabbage for tomorrow night's dinner, roasted peppers for the next night's dinner, made a chicken salad for sandwiches. Rick got on his laptop to do some work and then I logged in to make progress on my work. Yep back to things that need doing.
Driving home







No comments: