Thursday, December 8, 2011

Stop the ride I want to get off...

You know that book called "I was a good mom before I had kids?" That is me right now. On the day before our boy's birthday I'm scrambling to wrap his presents. It's chaos I tell you. I have at least 5 or 6 lists going right now- a grocery list, a to-do list, a Christmas list, a school list for the kids, a work list and something else.

Anyhow... I amazed I made it through LAST week. WHEW. Month end at work, 2012 sales planning with my boss, year end, benefits renewal, and from now until March it's our busy season... PLUS cleaning the house, grocery shopping and preparing meals in the evenings and getting things ready for the weekend. My annual girlfriends' brunch/ornament exchange was last Saturday and Aidan's bday party was on Sunday. Speaking of Sunday- when we dropped Abby off at her Sunday School class we were asked if she was home schooled!! How cool is that? Sadly she isn't... but they commented how great she does with her weekly bible verses.

In other random news, girly girl has been sleeping in until 7 when I actually have to go in and wake her up. This is unheard of in the history of Abby. She's had a big few weeks mentally and another growth spurt so it's nice that she is getting the recommended amount of sleep like the rest of the kids her age get. She's counting money, telling time, doing multiplication etc. She just keeps growing up and I keep feeling like it all happens when I blink.
and our little guy is now 5.

No comments: