Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hello??? Anyone home???

Can it get any worse???? If I could step out of my body and look at myself I would slap myself silly and tell myself to get it together. GET. IT. TOGETHER. MAN.
Last payroll I messed up, end of year payroll to be exact but it was in everyone's favor. mostly.
This week I completely FORGOT to do payroll even though I have the schedule posted by my calendar. I was supposed to do payroll on Wed the 12th for payroll on Friday. Wednesday came and went. Thursday I finish my run, in the shower is when I go through my day and as I'm washing my hair I think payroll (because I thought Thursday was the 12th), finish this, do that yada yada, taekwondo tonight, gotta remember to flip the chicken that is marinating (which I forgot), it's cleaning week so vacuum, dust and mop upstairs. The shower is supposed to be where is all happens for me. Except that day. Complete fail. Get to work and I try to process payroll online and it won't let me. I panic. We call the payroll company and to make matters worse, they tell me Monday is a holiday so I can't get people paid until Tuesday. I go around to everyone in the company (thankfully we don't have a thousand people) and I explain what a complete moron I am (which I am sure they already knew) and ask if they are ok financially to make it until Tuesday...
Next up, my girlfriend wants me to order girl scout cookies, which I did. I sent her a note on Facebook. Except I didn't. Now I am trying to figure what friend's facebook page I ordered cookies on.
Friday nights I usually go grocery shopping at 8pm. I hate it but it's easier going alone vs getting the kids in and out of car seats AND going on a Saturday and meltdowns, and keeping track of them... I wanted to get in and out but I saw my neighbor there and we ended up chatting for awhile. I get all my loot and find a lane and load up my $132 worth of food. I pay, the cashier hands me the receipt and with a smile says "You do realize you are in the express lane right?" Yeah, the one that says 12 items or less. Seriously. GET IT TOGETHER.
You didn't think I was done did you? Last night was kitchen cleaning and dusting downstairs. The big ol Costco can of pledge slipped out of my grasp and fell on the wood floor breaking the cap in a few pieces. Some pledge leaked out onto the floor where I just wiped it up thus creating a very slippery waxy surface on the hardwood. Aidan has fallen twice. Cooper's fallen more times than I can count.
Aidan was supposed to go to a bday party today but it was cancelled cause the birthday boy is sick, so instead of that and running errands today with the kids, I opted for us to stay home in our jammies watching movies where I am safe from only screwing up laundry and meals and watching people/animals fall on the floor.


No comments: