Friday, January 21, 2011

Dumplings, bumps, and tonsils oh my

I made chicken and dumplings last week. They were FABULOUS. The best I've had! Makes for great comfort food on a rainy winter night. Recipe from The Pioneer Woman's blog.
Abby had an an appt with her ENT today. The same Dr who did her ear tubes and Aidan's ear tubes. She's been doing this snorting thing with her nose as well as constant throat clearing. Her ped referred us to ENT because her tonsils looked large. Bottom line is she falls into the category of 'other' meaning she hasn't had 6 strep infections in a year to warrant yanking the tonsils, and she doesn't snore loudly to warrant concern for sleep apnea. On a scale of 1-4 he said her tonsils are at a 3. He said he wouldn't recommend surgery if he didn't think it would help but that ultimately he doesn't know. He is proposing a tonsillectomy and adenoidectomy. I was hoping for a clear cut answer yes or no vs. this gray area. Bottom line is she has these chronic symptoms, and her tonsils are big. One thing I do know is that I need to quit researching the topic on the internet. It gives me all kinds of anxiety. How can you decide something like this????
It seems as if everyone around us is sick. I had a co-worker out all week with the flu/tummy bug, another one out with an awful cold. Taekwondo kids were out sick. Aidan has a mild cold and tonight I feel like I'm coming down with something.
Rick has a goal of getting 60 miles in this month. He gets 5 miles in every time he goes and I hit my snooze button so much I end up only getting 3 in so I have to run 5 days a week and sometimes twice a day to get my miles in and he's done in 3.
Enough rambling. Happy Friday

You'll have to excuse my chipped dishes.

Big bump on the forehead. I left the nose out of it. He wacked his nose one night and then did the forehead the next night. The kid makes me nervous. I just want to wrap him in bubble wrap.





No comments: