Sunday, October 10, 2010

Football, Strep Throat, and Pumpkins oh my

Who knew? I put the jersey on him on Saturday to take pictures of him with Abby and her duck shirt and he instantly turned into this (below). It was unreal. Who is this kid?????



This is our life for the next 10 days. Abby has had this stuffed up nose for about 2 weeks. At first I thought it was a little cold, then thought maybe allergies. Wasn't too worked up since she has her 6yr check up in week or so. Last night before bed she tells me her neck hurts. I feel around and the entire left side of her neck is enormous. Not just the normal enlarged glands when you get a virus, her neck felt like she had softball in it and to look at it- it was almost disfiguring. She said she felt fine though- that it was just a little sore. I had Sunday School duty this morning and when we got to church I suggested to Rick that maybe we should just swing by urgent care after to have her checked (to ease my mind mainly). After an hour wait, we were finally seen and from our conversation it seemed perfectly normal that maybe it was the start of another virus. The Dr. did however suggest a strep test and said if it's negative I want you to come back to the room (to decide what to do next). Both the Dr. and I said, it will be negative so we'll just see you back here. To my surprise she did test positive. Another hour in the pharmacy because Abby is allergic to the first two courses of antibiotics they would try.









No comments: