Sunday, February 14, 2010

Happy Kids

We missed church today due to Abby catching Aidan's cold. This is the 2nd time where we've had to miss church and Luis Palau was speaking!! arggghhhhh. She coughed so much she threw up in bed last night (happens often). Plus, she's had (ahem) diarrhea since last Wednesday. I'm pretty sure it's from swim class. No one else at her school has this issue. She had her first "Parent's Night Out" on Friday. Their school offers this every few months for $20 a kid you drop them off at 6:30 and pick them up at 11. We've never done this, one because they are there all day and I don't want to miss a moment once I pick them up and two I don't want to pay $40- not that I would because Aidan would cry the whole time if I even considered leaving him there. Long story short, a lot of her friends go and she's been asking because 'you get to go in your pajamas, eat dinner, play, watch a movie and stay up late.' Let me tell you, it was weird staying up that late waiting to pick her up. Rick and Aidan were already in bed...It was like getting a glimpse of what it's going to be like when she's older and over at a friend's house or what have you.
Anyhoo... look how HAPPY the boy is. After two days of completely crabby tantrums there is his beautiful smile.
I made heart shaped pancakes for breakfast and we heart shaped pizza dinner followed by chocolate dipped strawberries. STUFFED. Happy Valentine's Day!!!
I have tomorrow off... thoroughly enjoying an extra day as a family. Ashley is coming over in the afternoon to watch the kids so Rick and I can go on a run together without pushing a 65/70lb stroller. It will be kinda like a date...


No comments: