Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Recital and Other Stuff

Abby's recital was tonight downtown at the Newmark Theater. I had to take her there yesterday for dress rehearsal and back tonight for the real thing. I'm glad it's over .
Anyhoo... today was my last Wednesday working from home so I let the kids stay in their jammies all day because I'm lazy I'm a cool mom. Well, actually, I had a lot of work to do, and to be honest I am secretly trying to get in 27 miles this week. (Not so secret now eh?). So I ran twice today. But that's not the story... back to the jammies. Rick gets home early from work so I can take Abby downtown. She's all decked out in her costume, hair and make up. I promptly take her to the bathroom upon our arrival (where it's pretty crowded mind you) and we get in a stall to do our business and she's undressing all the layers and she yells, "Mom, I've had these underwear on since last night." I shhhhhhhhh her and then I laugh. Mom of the year I am.
Abby missed the last 2 weeks of ballet class due to the flu she had so the dress rehearsal that I video taped is funny, Abby forgot the dance. I have it on you tube- if you want to see leave me a comment and I'll link you. Tonight they actually did WORSE. Their teacher had them walk out with their wands which they have never done before so that really messed them up. Cutie pies though.
On to the other... Laura got great news... they got all the melamona and it had not spread. Also, for those of you who know the history of my mom's colon cancer... It seems as though it has spread to her bones. She is not giving me much information to go on. All I know is lower spine and pelvis. Radiation for 6 weeks. I can't get anything else out of her right now so I am giving her the space she seems to want. So... please pray.






No comments: