Friday, July 12, 2013

Summer Week 5

Back up to Saturday evening of my last post the kids did Lite Brite. I love when they drag out things they haven't played with in a long time and they are entertained for hours. We also made S'mores and FINALLY lit our fireworks.
Sunday we went to church, I had Sunday School duty and only one child showed up so the other two teachers sent me to service so I could be with hubs!  Kids finally started swim lessons. Nothing like starting lessons with summer almost half over. Sunday night we took them to their first drive in movie.
Wow... didn't remember it starting that late.  Movie was over at midnight and then our car wouldn't start- dead battery. Thankful for the guy across the way who jumped us. Rick and I had our cell phones out to use for light so we could see. Both kids freaked out in tears in the back. Definitely a great first impression of the drive in for them.
Monday work. Bleh. I'm really really trying hard to have a grateful heart with my job but man was it easy to slip into a pity party a few times. I muttered a few prayers throughout the day. Oh and I guess it doesn't help that I did payroll on Wednesday but forgot hit the 'submit' button. I couldn't figure out why the checks were never delivered and logged in today and figured out what I had done. Yikes. So payroll is most likely a day late next week.  Abby also started her summer gymnastics class.
Tuesday through Friday Abby went to horse camp so I worked a very modified schedule bringing Aidan with me since we pulled them out of daycare this month. Or tried to. Rick has some class he has to go to on his days off next week- Mon, Tues and Wed so we put them back in daycare those days. When I picked her up today after the parent photo session, as soon as we stepped out of the barn she looked at me and burst into tears. She said she didn't want it be over. It was one of those milestone moments where things are starting to imprint in her heart and you could feel her sadness and empathize what she was going through. I immediately reverted back to 6th grade remembering leaving outdoor school.  I hugged her and my eyes flooded with tears as well.  She cried the whole way home.
In other news, this guy Rick found to install our carpet next week has a FB page for his business and was doing a drawing to drum up more "likes" on his page. Rick's name ended up being drawn as the winner for a new Traeger grill!! He wants us to meet him on Sunday morning so he can get his picture taken with Rick (to show it wasn't a scam). We are already missing church the following Sunday to have a family day at  the beach so we will end up missing two weeks :-(
I'm moving everything I can that is upstairs and bringing it downstairs to get ready for the carpet install. Our house will in complete disarray for awhile.


































No comments: