Saturday, July 6, 2013

Summer Week 4

Last Sunday was church and then we picked up donuts and headed to this pizza place where they have a huge jungle gym, slides and scooters. We spent $14 just so they could play and do something different. We had the whole place to ourselves because who eats pizza at 10am??? They climbed while Rick and I read the Sunday paper. Spent the rest of the day outside while they were in the pool and then went out to dinner. When it's 96 out who wants to cook anyway even if you do have AC. My achilles is killing me again so I had horrible mileage and went to Barre 2x instead. I need to just go in and get the tissue scraped again.
Monday Abby had her 6 month eye appt follow up. I was thinking to myself come on, how much could her eyes change in 6 months, and I don't want to pay another copay just to be told she is on the verge of needing them yada yada. To my surprise her eyes got "much weaker" as he put it. Poor kid. They are not full time- just for when she needs to see the board at school etc. I asked if this was genetic and he said typically no, you see it a lot in people/kids who are big readers. We were told they would be ready in a week but they were ready the next day! After her eye appt she ran some errands with me, and went to work with me the rest of the day. Even though I brought her summer workbooks, a book to read, and she wrote a letter to Nzembi (sweetest ever), she was still completely bored. Kids swam after work while we sweltered outside with them, the tile guy came and ripped up the carpet and tile in our master bath and started that project. We ate dinner outside, and then the kids had ice cream. They make GF cones!!! They swam some more and had movie and popcorn night. Have I mentioned how much I love no homework and no sports activities?
Tuesday was a crazy busy day at work. Rick had the kiddos. I came home and made a new GF enchilada casserole and then went to Barre.
Wed work.
Thurs the 4th we took the kids to see a movie and roller skating. We were lame on the fireworks this year. Abby only wanted to do those poppers because she was worried about Cooper. Rick accidentally bought the wrong ones so we only lit off 5 of them and called it good. Cooper did so much better this year- no panting/anxiety. He just stayed really close to us and would follow us everywhere.
Friday work. Seriously I think I was only a handful of people in the entire US that had to work that day. Tile guy came to grout.
Saturday Barre. Rick is home since he took the week off. He finished moving the pile of sand that's been in our driveway for a few weeks while I cleaned house. In between cleaning I helped Abby with her tie-dye kit and Aidan with his science project kit. She already finished one of her summer workbooks. Tile guy sealed the floor so now I have a clean house and my bathroom back!






















No comments: