Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Ants Go Marching Two By Two...

Finally...a reprieve from the ants. Goodbye suckas and good riddance. Tuesday I left work early because the ant people were coming therefore Rick couldn't leave to take Abby to her 1st grade tutoring lesson. We signed up for this weekly 1/1 summer lesson with a first grade teacher who was quite impressed saying Abby is at 2nd grade level. That is great and all but now I'm a little concerned about her being bored when school starts. I even bought those summer activity workbooks for the kids- Abby LOVES it. She will sit down in the morning and do a few pages, work on it as soon as she gets home and Aidan... well... he pitched a big fit just to do one page.
Tuesday evening I hosted a dinner playdate with their little friends. Aidan's best buddy Jake, his mom grew up with Abby's friend Sam. They had a great time and us Mama's got a few social hours in. Thursday I came down with a migraine and left work early- headed straight for the couch and slept a good hour before I had to get the kids. Friday I left work early again because well... everyone else did. I know. The peer pressure.

Our kids are little peanuts next to their friends!


No comments: