Friday, November 26, 2010

Gobble Gobble....or not

Rick had Thanksgiving off this year- first time in 6 years! I think he's following in my footsteps to the assisted living home though because he thinks he told me he took it off. Looney Bin. To his defense he did offer to go get me a fresh turkey so we could actually have Thanksgiving dinner on Thanksgiving day but I just wasn't prepared to pull all of that off.
It's been great having him home- we went to zoo lights and the inside of the house is decorated and we ran LOTS of errands. No Black Friday shopping for us either- which is a first in many years. There just weren't any must have deals we were seeking for us or what we plan on buying for others.
On Turkey Day we took the kids to see the movie Tangled, we went grocery shopping, we got the kids a tree and we went to the Michael's craft store sale. The kids LOVE their tree. It's funny how you worry about them touching the tree when they are itty bitty- and they never did- until this year.... they can't keep their hands off of theirs. Aidan already broke his ornament he picked out in Disneyland and Abby broke an arm off of something. I figured it would be fun for them since we get them a new ornament every year, as does their Grandma Irene, plus all the ones they make at school.
We're having our Thanksgiving on Sunday. Can't wait!!!!

Duck and Beaver Cookies- no I didn't make them

Heading to Zoo Lights- cracks me up- he could hardly move



Decorating their tree

Untangling the beads- he spent over an hour on this. I let the kids play with them and whoops- it became a huge mess

Decided to do this one over 2 days

Kids Tree

"Mom's Tree"

Putting up snow around my village


It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas....

No comments: