Saturday, August 28, 2010

Tooth Fairy


She lost her 2nd tooth yesterday. I got her settled into bed with her tooth safely tucked into her tooth fairy tin box under her pillow. Rick and I were on our computers and then we finished a movie and read the paper. I decide the tooth fairy should visit before I forget so I go into her room, reach under her pillow and what I pull out is the bottom part of the tin. The top is missing and the tooth is missing. I feel around for a bit and nothing so I assume she is playing some sort of joke on the tooth fairy or was playing with it and feel asleep part way through, or she lost it and didn't want to tell me?? I go back to our room to enlist the help of Rick. We turn on her light peel back her covers and he finds the top part of the box but no tooth. I roll her over from side to side to see if anything is under her or falls out and Rick says, well, the tooth fairy just won't visit. Before I concede, I just wake her up. "Abby." silence. A little louder "Abby." Eyes open just a little. "Abby where is your tooth?" showing her the half empty tin. "I don't know" she says and goes back to sleep. I'm not giving up. "Abby where is your tooth?" "I was hungry" she says with her eyes rolling back. Rick starts busting a gut while I am still determined to find the tooth. I wake her up again, "ABIGAIL, WHERE IS YOUR TOOTH?" and finally with her eyes closed she lifts her hand and points over her bed rail "I threw it down there."

SHE. THREW. IT. ON. THE. FLOOR. Who does this??????

She comes flying in my bed at 6:40 this morning with money from the tooth fairy and no recollection of what happened last night. At least she didn't eat it.

1 comment:

Mark Jenkins said...

Thank you for the constant flow of entertainment available at no charge (to us!) from Tualatin.