Sunday, August 8, 2010

A day of rest productivity

Sunday's normally consist of 5am runs, church, and maybe the farmer's market or an errand and then we are loafs. Truly taking a day of rest- as in I will be on the couch napping. This explains why we have 15.2 unfinished projects. Today, however, I felt compelled to dive into my house cleaning chores because after working all day and/or swim lessons/dinner etc. it's just HARD to clean the house during the week, get to bed at a decent hour and still try to run at 5am. It used to be my brillant idea- get it done during the week so I could have the weekends to just do as I please but hey it's good to mix it up a bit so I cleaned the ENTIRE house today.
Wednesday Rick and I went on a run together and ran 8.72 miles. Our orignial goal was 8 and as we were going I said let's try 10 and he said his knee was hurting so it was somewhat of a compromise. I couldn't walk for 24 hours let alone get out of a chair. We are both running our very first Half Marathon on 9/19 barring any illnesses on our part or the kids- because it is, afterall, right after school starts.
Here is the difference between girls and boys.... at least in our house. Summer day and she chooses to work in one of her workbooks while....

this child has no interest in learning. no colors, no letters. nothing. Just race cars.

he did finally learn to pedal though. but he can't stop.

My co-workers son enters all these contest/giveaway things and he won Rock Band and gave it to us...free. I gave him a little something though for his generosity. They are way too young for it and Rick had a hard time as well but the trial run let me finish getting the upstairs clean.

Quick and easy activity for the kids- it's this honeybee thing that spins around and they jump over it. I was able to dust downstairs and finish dinner. Thank you honeybee.


"Hop on Pop" My favorite is when he is on his back and Aidan really gets hopping and starts slapping him in the face too. Cracks me up everytime.

Future Beaver?

Cropped dad out because they are actually smiling together.

and this little varmit. he chewed the barstools again.

No comments: