Saturday, October 4, 2014

43.

My mom's last day of work was Tuesday. Retiring after 43 years as a Physician's Assistant with Kaiser. I'm still in disbelief that she actually called it quits! Just waiting with bated breath for her to announce she wants to move back to Hawaii... time will tell. Wednesday was early release for the kids so I worked a short day. Abby had gym. Thursday was family night at their school so we went to that. The smoke detector in our room also started beeping (thankfully before we went to bed not the usual 2am) and I said a silent prayer of thanks that it was on Rick's night off because we have vaulted ceilings in our room which calls for the special ladder. I don't even know what the ladder is called but it's HONKIN and I don't think I could get to it in the garage let alone up the stairs and set it up. I would have had to call him at work to come home. The best part- he had ONE 9V battery left. Lucky day for sure. Thursday was also the day Cooper had a biopsy done on his head. Week-long wait for the results. He also kept us up from 2am until 6. Was not a good night for anyone. Made a new recipe- buffalo chicken soup with orzo. Absolutely yummy. Took the kids the homecoming football game Friday night. Today was kids' hair cuts, soccer, flu shots, errands and I took a nap. I also tried another new recipe- orange chicken. SO.GOOD. Need to double it next time. Preview of a few family photos.

1 comment:

The Rogers Family said...

Poor Cooper! Hope he is ok! Beautiful family pictures!