Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Weekend

Extended weekend. I took Monday and today off except that we went to my work yesterday late afternoon and I worked some last night and this morning. Sigh. I've been in a bad space lately so trying to get my groove back. Yesterday we went to Slappy Cakes, Mt. Tabor park, Ikea, Columbia store, lunch at Helvetia. Today the kids went back to school. I think it will be good for us to back in our routine. Although I have to say this stay at home mom gig today is FABULOUS. I slept until after 6, dropped the kids off, 4 mile run, worked a little and I can do laundry, make dinner, prep the rest of the weeks dinners and lunches and I don't have come home from work today and RUSH until 10pm to get it all done. One of my working mom friends recently said,  "just think how much better mom's we would be if we didn't work." So true. I wouldn't be stressed all the time, or rushing them and there would be TIME. Time to be in the moment. To actually SIT DOWN and play or just listen to them. Everything is in these stolen little increments of time and I just take what I can get. Needless to say I am SOAKING UP TODAY.

No comments: