Monday, November 11, 2013

Birth and Death

Hubby's birthday was last Thursday. We both took it off for date day. It started out fabulous- breakfast, then to coffee, browsing some shops and a movie- Captain Phillips. Amazing, intense film until about an hour in when I felt like I was going to throw up. We went home and I laid down and sent him to pick up his own birthday cake. Awesome. Also cancelled dinner plans we had with Ashley. Early evening and I feel horrible because it's his birthday, so he decides on his favorite pizza. I drag him grocery shopping and to pick up his pizza. I wake up the next day and feel like I'm fighting a cold but other than that pretty ok. I was still perplexed about how fast it came on and how awful I felt so I googled what I suspected was the case. I had motion sickness from the movie!!
Rick's dad was moved to a care home earlier in the week. He passed away Saturday night.
My cousin was released from the hospital last Tuesday. My Uncle had his aortic valve replaced and made it through the surgery. The surgeon said it was the worst one he has seen and he probably wouldn't have lived another 2 months.
We had parent/teacher conferences today. Muddling through. Saying lots of prayers.









No comments: