Friday, February 3, 2012

Groundhog Day

The other day I was in the kitchen getting the kids' breakfast and making lunches for the following day and in my head I was thinking about how this is the SAME THING every week....such a little routine our family has... and how sometimes I feel like that movie Groundhog Day and it actually was Groundhog Day. I know. Lame observation. I don't have much to talk about.
I received a great email last week from Abby's principal. "Let me repeat that the highlight of my week was my meeting with Abby. It was stunning to me in so many ways...and emotional. I don't take lightly that a meek unassuming person like Abby would make an appointment with me and then in her own little bold way, tell me what God has asked her to do."
We've chosen the American Bible Society-Bibles for Egyptian Children. Rick and I are getting some bracelets printed for her to sell to raise the funds and she'll be trying to raise money for this starting at the end of this month. So proud of our girl!
While I am on the subject of her, she gets to do her first 'report' and it's on dolphins of course. She's obsessed. What strikes me funny is that I am positive her teacher will think she had a lot of help on this. The kid can rattle off little known facts about pretty much any animal and dolphins are her FAVORITE. She knows just about EVERYTHING related to dolphins.
She has another loose tooth ready to come out. This kid looses teeth like I shed hair.
I went to my first chiropractor appointment this week for all my running injuries. I'm very pleased! My marathon runner neighbor recommended him. Actually she's now an 'ultra' runner and so is this Dr. plus he does Ironmans. He knows a thing or two!

No comments: